PIC20E for sale

PIC20E for sale

Message par andrews.keith » 12-03-2019 14:23

Gordon Isaac has asked to have his PIC20E posted for sale.

Canadian Registered Basic Ultralight motor Glider ,PIK20E , for sale in Vernon , BC .
Open to offers for spring flying season. A 1979 self launch motor glider with 49 foot wing span, 46 hp Rotax DC SI built for this purpose and conceals into body for gliding purpose with a listed 40:1 glide ratio. 3 test flights in late fall of 2018 to prove airworthiness and several new instruments. Motor de-carbonized by Rotax mechanic. Check out the specs on line. Too much to enumerate in this advertisement. Must have glider lessons to fly safely! A custom fiberglass trailer is also for sale for his glider. Serious inquiries only for a reply / pictures from Gordon, agisaac1@gmail.com

Keith
andrews.keith

Message(s) : 10

Re: PIC20E for sale

Message par andrews.keith » 12-03-2019 14:42

Gordon did send 5 pictures to me but I am unsure of how to attache or insert them in this forum. If someone can explain this to me I will insert them.

Keith
andrews.keith

Message(s) : 10

Re: PIC20E for sale

Message par proudfoot.jock » 13-03-2019 01:35

Strechenflug a écrit :PIK 20E
the pik 20E was initialy designed by Jukka Tervamaki. he buildt an Experimental Motorglider JT-6, OH-520X
after in 1975 an agreement was signed between me and Eiri Avion to develop a retractable engine installation for the PIK 20B glider.
Hannu Korhonen and Markku Hiedanpää, took care of converting the JT-6 ideas and mechanisms into a production model based on the PIK 20D.

Self launch version! First flew October 1976. This had a manually retractable 2-stroke engine driving a wooden Hoftman prop. Originally a 30hp Kohler the engine was changed to the ubiqious Roxtax 503 rated at 43hp. I gather that the 503 was actually developed for the 20E. The wings are slightly swept-back and fuse thickened. LD still around 40.

Eiri Avion produced over 100 machines in Finland, of which 90 percent were exports. They later sold the molds and production tooling to Siren Aviation in France, where production continued for several years.

Built by Eiri-Avion in Finland, the PIK-20E is a sailplane with a two-cylinder 43-horsepower, retractable engine. It is made of carbon fiber with sandwich construction. In this unique configuration, it takes off and climbs to altitude on its own. After reaching the desired altitude, the engine is shut down and folded back into the fuselage and the aircraft is then operated as a conventional sailplane.

Construction of the PIK-20E series was rather unusual. The factory used high-temperature epoxies cured in an autoclave, making the structure resistant to deformation with age. Unlike todayu2019s normal practice of laying glass over gelcoat in a mold, the PIK-20E was built without gelcoat. The finish is the result of smooth glass lay-up, a small amount of filler, and an acrylic enamel paint.

The sailplane was 21.4 feet long and had a wingspan of 49.2 feet. It featured a wooden, fixed-pitch propeller, a roomy cockpit, wingtip wheels, and a steerable tailwheel.
proudfoot.jock

Message(s) : 315

Retour vers Classifieds - Petites annonces